HPC Engineer Position
Do IT Now is looking for a passionate and very proactive HPC Engineer to join the HPC support team. Job functions include teaming with HPC support staff to answer user questions and solve technical problems by telephone, electronic mail, and in person. Tasks include interactive issue troubleshooting, following client issue tickets through to resolution, documenting resolutions in a knowledge base, working with application and system owners or supporters to identify advanced solutions, installing and configuring applications, studying and improving applications performance and developing and presenting user training.
Skills and Experience
• High school diploma or degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
• 5+ years of experience in similar roles
• Good knowledge of English and French languages
• Good knowledge of Linux Enterprise distributions (RedHat EL, SLES, etc.)
• Knowledge Backup and Scripting with Bash and Python
• Compilation of HPC applications and libraries
• LDAP, CIFS, SSH, DHCP, DNS (Bind)
• Experience with Slurm and other schedulers
• Contributions in HPC projects, experience with DevOps and automation tools
Based in France. Teamwork attitude, leadership and ability to innovate, proactivity and good communication, and focus on achieving results. Availability to business travels.
About Do IT Now
Do IT Now is a joint venture of three European experts in HPC services and solutions market as they are Do IT Systems, from Italy, HPCNow!, from Spain, and UCit, from France. The objective is to help customers get the most out of HPC by providing efficient and straightforward supercomputer usage, based on the deep understanding of the most advanced HPC technologies, a high-quality customer service and an outstanding and reputed user support.
If you are interested in the position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV, a short motivation letter, and the subject “HPC Engineer job position”.